Saturday 24 December 2016

'FRIGHTENED TO MOVE ON CHRISTMAS EVE'...

Frightened To Move On Christmas Eve

It was as if my lung 
Was being plucked
Like an acoustic guitar string,
When every minute or distant sound
Invaded,
Raided
My darkened, chilled room.

It was as if my heart
Was being beaten
Like a slow drum of war,
As each muffled or indistinct undertone
Injected,
Infected
My solitary, winter gloom.

It was as if my mind 
Was being tormented
Like an abandoned child’s,
For every excruciatingly drawn-out moment
Frustrated,
Dictated
My placid, fearful isolation.

It was as if my soul
Was being mesmerised
Like the hypnotised patient,
For each second hung deceptively,
Timeless;
Helpless,
My timid, shrinking desperation.

Pete Ray

NEARMOOR ROAD, SHARD END...

I DID MY BIT FOR THE NEPHEWS AND NIECES (IN-LAW) IN GREAT BARR, TOO...



I was terrified to move or make a sound, in case my father admonished me in his tone of loud anger, which frightened me so much. I could not get to sleep because Santa was due. Even when I realised that my parents deposited my gifts at the bottom of my bed, the fear returned…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.