Thursday 23 November 2017

JIM WATTS COMMENTS ON HIGHGATE UNITED'S LOSS TO BURTON ALBION...

GUEST WRITER JIM 'THE CAMEL' WATTS COMMENTS ON HIGHGATE UNITED'S 2-3 LOSS TO BURTON ALBION IN THE BIRMINGHAM SENIOR CUP...

"This was my first 'non-league' match of the season and after little persuasion from my good friend Trev, I ventured to the Coppice on a cold rainy night with my mate Davey Thompson. 

Following a little chat with Pete (The Mowdog) in the clubhouse and also with the Manager, Ash Pulisciano, I made my way to the grandstand in anticipation for what was going to be a very open and physical encounter against a 2nd string Burton Albion. 

The first-half wasn't the best, with very few chances for either side but boy did the second-half have us all at the edge of our seats! (Despite the fact that you were, er, standing?) 

It was a great comeback for Highgate, making it 2-1 late in the second-half, but two sloppy goals within the space of 5 minutes meant that Burton were going to progress to Round Three. 

Overall a thoroughly enjoyable game and it was finally nice to meet the infamous badger! 

Next up for me is... Well, I will leave that up to The Mowdog! 


Jim Watts...
Aston Villa season ticket holder...

JIM (RIGHT) MEETS THE BODGING...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.