Friday, 20 April 2018


"Binley got the game underway in bright, sunny conditions and playing up hill we knocked the ball around nicely but without causing the Dunlop defence any real problems.

In fact it took us 21 minutes before an Andy Godfrey free-kick forced a save from the Dunlop goalkeeper, who tipped it over for a corner that came to nothing.
Dunlop hit back, catching us on the break when their number 15 drove forward but he hit his shot high and wide.

We eventually took the lead in the 25th minute when Tatenda Bako and Fabian Spence linked up for Danny Vincent to cross and as the ball dropped free in the box, Fabian Spence reacted quickest to shoot low and score: 0-1.

We doubled our lead in 32nd minute when Andy Godfrey played a long ball forward which was chased down by Fabian Spence, who crossed for Blake Kassar to score: 0-2.

We created more chances, the best of them falling to Tyler Morgan who headed wide from a Travis Smallwood cross and Blake Kassar who hit a post after good work from Fabian Spence."

Half-time: Dunlop Reserves 0-2 AFC Binley...

"The 2nd half started with us continuing to attack and in the 50th minute Travis Smallwood found Fabian Spence, who cut in and scored to make it 0-3. 
In the 56th minute Travis Smallwood and Justin Lang combined to create an opportunity for Blake Kassar to score: 0-4.

      On 59 minutes Tatenda Bako set up Fabian Spence to score
       and complete his hat-trick: 0-5.
In the 61st minute Tyler Morgan was replaced by Paul Govier and Travis Smallwood was replaced by Mark Jackson. 

On 66 minutes Dunlop reduced the deficit by scoring from a free-kick, Ashley Riley advanced for the cross but the Dunlop attacker got to the ball first: 1-5. 

Several chances were missed by us in the remaining minutes until Danny Vincent scored with the last kick of the game from a Justin Lang pass: 1-6." 

Full-time: Dunlop Reserves 1-6 AFC Binley...

In summing up this game: 
"This was an important result for us to get the points that we needed in our push for promotion. Once we got the 2nd goal of the game, the result was never really in doubt, however Dunlop never gave up and kept going until the final whistle.
We, on the other hand can be happy that we have finally won a midweek game, after drawing 1 and losing 2 games earlier in the season...
We are now 90 minutes from finishing our season and then having to wait and see how our rivals get on.
4 teams are fighting for 2 promotion places but it's still in our own hands even despite the fact that another team folded on Tuesday night, meaning us losing 6 points and 13 goals from our season's total! 
If we win our last game, we will be promoted, anything else and our destiny is in someone else's hands and I for one don't want that....

Up next for us is Coventry Colliery Reserves, away..."

Edwin Greaves, 
AFC Binley Manager... 

No comments:

Post a Comment