Tuesday 12 November 2019

BODYBOARDING BENEATH BIRDS: MAWGAN PORTH...

Bodyboarding Beneath Birds



A kestrel flew across my path,
High overhead towards Bre Pen.
 Thus assured, I trudged on into 
The low tide and its noisy, ruffled,
Ragged lines of reaching,
Thrashing waves, breaching
The tarrying, drying, hardened sand, landwards;
And as I rode my board,
Racing and buffeting and beaching
In shallows, an oystercatcher
Flew across my path,
Low over the ocean towards Bre Pen.
Thus reassured, I trudged on into
The low tide, its roaring strangely muffled…

Pete Ray
November 2019


The kestrel, the sea, the gale, the oystercatcher and my reassurance, as I trudged towards the ocean for bodyboarding.


Bre Pen is part of the western headland at Mawgan Porth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.