Monday 15 July 2019

MORNING WALK, MOUSEHOLE, JULY 2019: A NEW POEM...

Morning Walk, Mousehole, July 2019



Emerging onto the sea-road into morning sunlight,
A brisk and impish breeze coiled
About me and I descended unkempt steps 
Onto a stark sea-wall where a pipit fidgeted, contrite
At my intrusion…

Urging myself onward towards weathered rocks,
A blue choppy ocean, unsettled, embroiled,
Deposited thick, brown weed upon the shoreline,
Sucking on loose pebbles in distasteful spite
Of their collusion…

Pete Ray
July 2019 

Each morning, walking from Penlee Caravan Park to collect a newspaper in the village. 


It was very breezy, a pipit watched me closely and the weed was as dull and thick as the sea was blue and alive…







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.