Monday 15 July 2019

'PORTH CHAPEL BEACH: REACHING IT, BEING AMAZED & BATHING...' A NEW POEM ABOUT CORNWALL...

Porth Chapel Beach: Reaching It, Being Amazed & Bathing…

There was a narrow pathway
To negotiate, long grasses mithering
Against shins and calves,
Even a barely seen snake, slithering
Into a seamless getaway…

There was a rapid descent
To navigate, loose gravel bothering
Beneath soles and heels
And stone obstacles were surely gathering
Ominously, the intrusion to resent…

Theatrically lit by July’s sharp sunlight,
Porth Chapel’s natural beauty lay below,
Luring, enticing: a cove alight,
Seducing one to indulge in its vivacious glow…

Stumbling, scrambling down to its beach of coarse sand,
A tide of clear aqua ocean enraptured,
Tempting me into its wavering hand
And thus I relented, entered, bewitched and captured…

Pete Ray
July 2019

Walking along a pathway from St Levan Church towards the sea, then having to negotiate an awkward descent to Porth Chapel’s beautiful beach.


The sea was remarkable…

I had no swimming gear with me, so I bathed in underpants…


It’s what I do, I guess…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.