Friday 18 October 2019

'INDISTINCT': WORDS ABOUT BEING ON THE EDGE OF THINGS...

Indistinct…

Indistinct
Faint, frantic brass,
Barely audible,
Dream-like
Haunts the periphery
Of a cinema’s aura,
Its lurking effects disturbing:
The frustration is palpable,
As if I am excluded,
Distinctly…

Indistinct
Faint dogma, crass,
Scarcely audible,
Daydream-like
Tingles the periphery
Of a classroom’s aura,
Its mawkish tones garbling:
The isolation is pleasurable,
As if I am deluded,
Distinctly…

Indistinct
Faint panic, alas,
Hardly audible,
Nightmare-like,
Blurs the periphery
Of a shell-hole’s aura,
Its fraught words fading:
The dying is pitiful,
As if I am denuded,
Distinctly…

Pete Ray
October 2019  

That faint music at a cinema show, ‘One Night, One Soul’ by Hollywood Chill Out, when the adverts & trailers are about to begin sounds strange, disturbing, as if one's mind doesn’t really take it in… 

This reminded me of a feeling I had a few times at secondary school when I seemed to drift away, whilst a teacher droned on, his voice faint. 

As if I wasn’t really there… 


And finally how it might have felt being treated in a WW1 field hospital, the doctors & nurses faintly inaudible, as an infantryman’s life drained away… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.