Monday 16 May 2022

AND THE COPSE DREW ME IN AGAIN...

 And The Copse Drew Me In Again…



It was a joy. A thrill.

Minutes before leaving the house,

A strange but pleasant chill

Discomfited me. And I became restless

With those final moments to fill.

Driving to the copse began to rouse

Excitement and expectation

Which were rekindled, regardless…


It was a joy. A pleasure.

Movement from one of the setts,

Cautious and positive for sure, 

Delighted me. And I became fascinated

By two curious cubs at their leisure,

Shuffling about the copse like pets.

Entranced and grateful,

I stood aghast and captivated…


Pete Ray

15th May 2022  



Looked forward to spending time leaving food and then watching badgers and then, after a short wait, two cubs emerged.


A joy.


A thrill.


A pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.