Wednesday 4 May 2022

DOLPHIN IN GERRANS BAY (PORTSCATHO...)

 Dolphin In Gerrans Bay…



The surface of the sea shifted

Darkly into a strip of shade on blue.

Glibly I sought the usual three

Great Northern Divers which had regularly

Through the tide’s agitation shunted,

Causing minimal wash as they fed.

I was though

Mistaken…


The fin of a dolphin drifted 

Stealthily then rose clearly into view.

Humbly I strained just to see

As the head, sleek body and tail nobly 

Through the tide’s slow motion hunted,

Gliding with minimal wash as it sped.

I was thus

Most taken…    



Pete Ray

4th May 2022



Checked the dark patch of sea to see the divers but my binoculars instead showed a fin…



The dolphin remained for some time, reappearing time and again which allowed me to get a few decent video clips of it…



The Portscatho locals probably see them regularly but in Solihull, not that many dolphins swim along the Stratford Canal…   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.