Wednesday 26 July 2017

AFC BINLEY MANAGER EDWIN GREAVES WRITES ABOUT THE 2-0 DEFEAT AT COVENTRY COLLIERY...

EDWIN GREAVES, MANAGER OF AFC BINLEY, REACTS TO HIS TEAM’S 2-0 LOSS AT COVENTRY COLLIERY…



“Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to all at Coventry Colliery for hosting me and my team in this pre-season fixture.

Tonight's game was a very good test for my team and although we came out second best on the night, I cannot fault the effort and workrate my lads put in throughout.

Coventry Colliery scored a goal in each half and might have scored more on another night.

Our chances were few and far between but my lads never gave up and kept going until the final whistle which pleased me greatly.

Coventry Colliery played a nice passing game and made us work hard for 90 minutes and that's better than any training session that we would have had.

More minutes on the pitch for the lads and another chance for me to look at my players in game action and how they would react under pressure.

We all know pre-season games are not about the results but we all want to win games and I am no different; however sometimes you learn more in a defeat than in a victory.

Good luck to Coventry Colliery for the new season and once again thank you for hosting my team…”


Edwin Greaves… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.