Saturday 15 July 2017

WHERE WERE THEY WHEN IT RAINED? MAWGAN PORTH...

Where Were They When It Rained?

Where were they when the rain fell?
The sea still turned and twisted,
Despite the coastline’s misted,
Murky, eerie appearance;
Yet I had waded into the changing tide
Alone, as tepid rain swilled salt 
From my hair and a grimacing face
But I caught the occasional ride,
For I was there when the rain fell,
When the surf twisted and turned
Then drove me landward
As a reward for my perseverance…

Pete Ray
July 2017

Tuesday 11th July and Mawgan Porth’s beach was deserted, bar a few dog-walkers, for light rain fell… 

I was alone in the sea for a while with just a lifeguard sheltering inside his jeep nearby.

Wednesday 12th July and Mawgan Porth’s beach was busy, for the sun shone.

A good number of people were in the sea. 
Fair-weather, wet-suited body-boarders, I guess… 


I loved it in the sea on the Tuesday too…




VIEW THROUGH THE MERRYMOOR WINDOW...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.