Wednesday 12 June 2019

DANNY JANES, EX-ALCESTER TOWN PLAYER & ALSO EX-MANAGER, OUTLINES HIS PLANS FOR 2019-20...


Danny Janes has confirmed that he will be joining Studley FC as player/coach for the 2019-2020 season. Janes, who won Division 3 with Alcester Town last season as a player, has confirmed he will be leaving the club to take up a new challenge.

“I have had an outstanding four years at Alcester Town Football Club. I managed the Reserve Team for a season, before managing the First Team for two seasons. It was great to play again last season though and to win the league with Alcester was fantastic. 

However, I felt the time was right for a change and also a change of clubs in terms of environment. 

I coached at Studley last season whilst playing for Alcester and I really enjoyed delivering the sessions there. I will continue with that role, combined with playing. Studley is my local team and I have always enjoyed playing in Division One.

My first priority is that I am a player, I have met with the management team and this has been agreed. In terms of the coaching, if the management team wants a specific aspect working on, then I will plan and deliver that content. I also need to find a balance for myself, as I also need to train, for if I don’t I will fall behind the other players. 

I will need to work hard in my own time to make sure I am up to speed, for there will be weeks when I don’t deliver the sessions but I can also tweak my plans to ensure that I can join in.

I start a new job in September, so my focus will be fixed around that transition. Playing and coaching this year means that I will have less responsibility than I would if I was managing. I am looking forward to pushing myself this season as a player and enjoying being out on the pitch. Everyone tells me I should be playing and I understand that completely but for me, management gives me the best buzz. I am sure other managers will understand where I am coming from with that. I am going to make the most of this season and hopefully management is something I can pursue during the 2020-21 season.

Studley’s ambition is a question for the management team, however, based on the players we have, I believe a top six finish is the minimum expectation. I enjoy the coaching side so much because of the quality of players at the club and if we can add a few more lads then there is no reason why we shouldn’t be one of the strongest teams in the league.”


Thanks to Danny for providing this article…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.