Saturday 1 June 2019

DISTURBING DREAM: A NEW POEM ABOUT KIRSTY ELSON'S ARTWORK...

Disturbing Dream
(looking at Kirsty Elson’s July image from her 2019 calendar…)



Bordering on acrophobia,
Wavering, I stared below,
Teetering on the edge of basophobia
But then my mind faltered
And I saw ten coracles dangling
From a harbour arm, tangling
With colourful buoys and invisible ropes, angling
Like unseen compass markings…
And the five cottages teased, 
Gloating at my nausea,
My vertigo, my head’s spinning,
Its curved row grinning
At my disturbed mindset, which fear had seized…

Pete Ray
May 2019

It was like being in a dream-like state, looking down on Clovelly’s quay in Devon…

Basophobia is apparently the fear of falling and acrophobia is the fear of heights…


I really like this piece of artwork…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.