Wednesday 20 April 2022

AT A DISTANCE...

 At A Distance…





 On a cool, after-drizzle evening I lingered like a sideshow.

I retreated to an insignificant position

But remained wary, despite trepidation

That my presence would be detected.

I watched, ruefully

And the jester in me had abated

But I stood back from the badgers’ actions

And I stalled, my breathing muted.

More brocks emerged, causing distractions

For me, now wary, nervous and totally disaffected… 


On my life’s path I have often hovered like a sideshow. 

I have retreated from wild ambitions

But affirmed with trepidation

That I would remain undetected.

I would watch ruefully

And be the jester when it suited

But I held back from the crowd’s actions

And I forestalled on the stuff I disputed:

Drinking, peer group behaviour and boring distractions.

Me: L’Étranger, The Outsider, The Disconnected…



Pete Ray

20th April 2022



Watching Temple Balsall badgers from an undetected position.


Not involved, simply bewitched and studying those natural animals feeding voraciously, yet displaying total concern for any small noise.


I have been accused of standing back in my life and hesitating through a lack of confidence, instead of taking the bull by the horns…


I must have missed out on a lot. Too late now…


However, watching the Solihull badgers was such an uncomplicated joy…





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.