Friday 17 June 2022

EIGHT ATE WITH DESSERTS OF ALERTS...

 Eight Ate With Desserts Of Alerts…



The warm, sultry June evening

Drew out eight cautiously inquisitive 

Badgers, which scouted, grunted and bustled

Several metres away from my tree line.

Yet when breeze blown leaves rustled,

Or wings flapped, the brocks doubted

And retreated and hustled,

Then, upright and alert, stood silently attentive… 


I left the copse, the badgers having disappeared,

Yet through the vehicle’s window I glanced to my left

And saw one adult, its neck erect, yet not afeared, 

Alert, standing its ground, seeming somehow bereft…     


Pete Ray

16th June 2022


As I left the scene it was touching that one alert badger appeared to be watching me leave.


Maybe it knew that I could not return for a couple of weeks…


Pleasant to think along those lines…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.