Sunday 10 July 2022

STIFLING, BLEEDING, FORAGING...

 Stifling, Bleeding, Foraging…



Even as the blood oozed from a nick on my hand,

After distributing food as a wild waiter

Inside the shade streaked copse,

The heat stifled

And between shadows penetrated.

Then as feeding began in earnest on the baked land,

Hunger’s need over being cool was greater

And there was no foraging lapse 

As the badgers rifled

The dusty ground, their appetite sated…


Pete Ray

10th July 2022


It was hot.


The blood seeped from a tiny cut on my left hand and I was forced to return to my car for tissues and also to look for my phone, which had actually slipped from my pocket onto my car seat, en route.


Dabbing at the cut on my return to the copse, it was clear that the badgers rather enjoyed their evening meal and totally blanked the bleeding waiter… 


Rather human, I felt…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.