Wednesday 7 December 2022

HUNTING A CHRISTMAS TURKEY: a tale for 2022...

 Hunting A Christmas Turkey…

(a tale for 2022...)


My neighbour and I had just been discussing the shortage of turkeys in the shops and supermarkets this Christmas and she started to walk away when my mobile phone rang… 


I called after her: “Wait Rose, Tess Coe has just told me that Sainsbury’s have one or two turkeys left which aren’t limp with avian flu but I need to find a short-cut to get there quickly and avoid the expected rush. Any ideas?”

Rose reckoned that if I took the Safeway along pavements, I might miss the opportunity to purchase one of the remaining birds and so she advised me to sneak into Mrs Morrison’s Gateway and use the Lidl gully round the back of her house.


Clearly, if I got lost I could always Asda the way if I needed to and anyway, Al Dee lived at number 26, who would be only too happy to help. 


Unfortunately the small door out of the gully wouldn’t Budgen and I had to text my mates Mark and Spencer O’Cado to come along to help me free the jammed portal. They Co-operated and I was lucky that their flight to Iceland wasn’t until tomorrow.


My bag was large enough to Carrefour turkeys in but I was satisfied with just one and I was chuffed that it was Fine Fare and at a Locost, hence making a Kwik Save only days before Christmas. 


One Stop remained, to leave a Christmas card at Lon Diss’s house, although I knew he was spending in Cheltenham Spar but his sister Macey would keep it for him, I was certain.


So it was that I acquired my Christmas turkey from Sainsbury’s, at a reduced price too and luckily antibiotics had worked on the bird and although it was still oozing mucous, it was rightly labelled as ‘Costcutter of the day’…


Merry Christmas…


Pete Ray...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.