Thursday 9 August 2018

EX-ALCESTER MANAGER DANNY JANES EXPLAINS HIS CHOICES FOR THE COMING SEASON...

Danny Janes commits to Studley FC and Earlswood Town...

Former Alcester Town manager Danny Janes has again adjusted his role this season, recently signing for Earlswood Town as a player. Danny will continue in his role as First Team Coach at Studley FC but will not be present on match days and will represent Earlswood Town.

Danny explains:

“I have to be honest, the last eight weeks have been a bit of a nightmare in terms of working out what I want to do. I teamed up with Sham at GNP Sports but then Studley called and it made sense to work with my local club. I then found the transition of being a manager to becoming an assistant very difficult. The management side of the game distracted me from the playing side of the game. Last season I was so busy and caught up in management, I did not miss playing; I loved the coaching, managing and running of a team. The assistant's role has not had the same impact on me, I miss playing and do not want to regret missing out on playing time. I could not play last year because of a bad injury but this season I have that opportunity.”

Danny comments on his new commitments:

“John and Wayne at Studley have been great in terms of their understanding. I am fully committed to Studley and will continue to oversee and deliver their training sessions, for I made it clear to the management team that I really want to stay involved. They have agreed that on match days I can play for Earlswood and this arrangement gives me both sides of the game that I love, playing and coaching. The management team will feed back their views of the game and I will personalise the sessions round this feedback. I thoroughly enjoy the coaching at Studley and working with the quality players they have is fantastic.”

Danny speaks about the improbability of playing at Studley:

“I would love to play for Studley, however combining both roles at this level would be very difficult. At this level I feel as though I would need to train but I wouldn’t be able to do that as I take the sessions. It would also mean that on match days, not only would I be assessing the game but I would be trying to look after my own performance too. I have not played for a year and I need to get match fit, Studley is a team which will be challenging this season and they need players who are ready now.”

The reasons behind the Earlswood choice:

“Ade Luxton! Ade assisted me last season at Alcester and we worked really well together. He asked me to get involved and I think he knew that deep down I wanted to play after taking a break from management. I want to help Ade as much as possible, I will get the game time at Earlswood to get match fit and hopefully I can prove to be an important player for them.”

GNP Sports will be an opponent for Danny this term... His thoughts:

“I am looking forward to that! I always think about GNP in terms of what an experience it would have been there. Sham is excellent and I was very impressed when I first sat down and spoke to him. Despite not staying long, I learnt a lot from him in relation to how he runs specific areas and his views on the game. We speak on a daily basis and I really hope they have a successful season, like last year. There is no pressure on them at all, they are a new club who are in their second season and there are also established teams in Division Two who need to start progressing.”

Danny's feelings about management:

“I will get through this season and then review where I am. I am only 28 and already have three years of management experience. I wanted to make sure that I still enjoyed the playing side though. I would like to return to management very soon but I needed to step away as I think that is when you can reflect and progress. I miss it though and I will be eager to return I am sure, if the right opportunity comes along.”

Danny Janes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.