Sunday 24 May 2020

THE NEW FC STRATFORD MANAGER DANNY JANES WRITES ABOUT HIS APPOINTMENT...

“Firstly, I would like to thank Dave Poulson for all of his hard work and commitment to FC Stratford. I appreciate that there are a lot of individuals who have played an important role in the progress of the club, but Dave has been the catalyst behind that development. I have known Dave for years and have a lot of respect for him as a manager and as a person; the players also have massive respect for him. Dave has provided an outstanding platform for the team to progress and I am absolutely delighted to be given the opportunity to deliver that.”
After he spent two seasons playing, was it always Danny's plan to return to management?
“Absolutely! I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Alcester Town, one year managing the Reserves and two years with the First Team. I felt I needed a break because I was still young and I wanted to make the most of playing. It also meant that I could take a step back and reflect on my experience which I think is always crucially important. I have to be honest, playing hasn’t felt the same since I experienced managing. I really missed the management side of things and my heart has always been set on returning. Coaching at Studley FC fuelled my ambitions even further as I am passionate about coaching and leading. I definitely believe the two seasons I spent playing again has helped me, as I have had a chance to just enjoy playing, as well as an opportunity to reflect and develop on my ideas.”

After skippering FC Stratford during the shortened season, how did the managerial position come about for Danny?
“I held talks with Dave, around January time I believe it was but originally the conversation was based around the playing side. However, the possibility of managing the club came to fruition. Dave knew that I was set to return to management and he thought the club would be a good fit for me. It is a shame how the season ended for Dave had done an outstanding job and I am sure he would have wanted to see the season out officially. Dave had plans in place to transition me into the position as the season developed, introducing me to various club officials and giving me an insight in to the structure of the club. Obviously that didn't happen due to the season ending so suddenly and so I am looking forward to meeting those individuals.”
Was Danny's heart set on FC Stratford, or would he have been happy to return to management in any position which became available?
“FC Stratford was always my number one choice because I think it is a fantastic club. If the opportunity had not arisen then obviously I would have explored other options. Any management position would have been a pleasure, for every club has potential. I have been in contact with the Halesowen manager Paul Smith who gave me some great advice, as I appreciate I am still very young. I am delighted that the opportunity here did present itself as I believe the club has so much potential. The facilities are outstanding and for me it is the most attractive club for a player at this level. The infrastructure at the club is second to none, we have a close link with the First Team, whilst the newly formed FC Stratford Reserves, the Academy and Youth teams create fantastic pathways for players to progress.”

At this point, has Danny started to think about the FC Stratford squad and the players he would like to bring in?
“I have known the calibre of players I want and the squad I want to assemble for months. I have inherited a very talented squad not only in relation to quality, but also players with the right attitude, which creates an excellent atmosphere. It is essential that the core of the squad is retained because the foundations are there. I am confident that those players will remain at the club, they are so important and are central to the plans. With regards to new players, every manager has their trusted inner circle of players and I have communicated with mine throughout the season, as I knew I would be returning to management. I have monitored various targets and conversations will take place with those players. I am confident that when the players see how I work, the quality of training and the detail in our approach, we will be in a good position for signing them.”

With everything that is going on at the moment, when does Danny see the season starting?
“That is a difficult one to answer, for I really hope that football is up and running again soon. A lot of people love and miss the game, not just the players but all those involved at football clubs behind the scenes, as well as those who love watching it. I am not thinking too far ahead in terms of that, I can only focus on the things I can affect. Planning is well on the way to ensure we are prepared and in the best position possible for when we are given the green light. I am sure everyone will agree that the lives of individuals and the health of society are both paramount and until those elements are restored, football is not important. However, football will be something for people to look forward to and it will add a bit of positivity to a challenging situation, through talking about the game and looking forward to the new season.”

Danny Janes, the new Manager of FC Stratford...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.