Thursday 18 November 2021

NOVEMBER BODYBOARDING AT MAWGAN PORTH...

 November Bodyboarding At Mawgan Porth…



The Monday…


Drizzle misted the extremities

Of the rumbustious,

Erratic tide, which tugged and hurled

In its bombastic attempts to turn me aside,

Or draw me askew and awry.


And a herring gull watched with quizzical eye

As it skimmed the next breaker, seaward to fly…


The Wednesday…


Sunlight lit the calamities

Of the tumultuous,

Tousling waves, which dragged and curled

In their belligerence to halt my stride,

Or pull me askew and astray.


And an oystercatcher watched with anxious eye

As it skimmed on the tide with plaintive cry…


The Thursday…


Breezes cooled the vicinities

Of the voluptuous,

Manic sea, which snagged and swirled

In its mission to spill my ride,

Or cast me ungraciously away…


And a cormorant watched with frowning eye

As it skimmed the wild surf with expression wry…


Pete Ray

18th November 2021


Mawgan Porth, 15th, 17th & 18th November 2021, mid-morning.




The first time was wild, with an unruly but exciting sea.



The second time was less crazy but no less enjoyable.



The third time was unexpectedly good.




The gull flew out to sea and lifted its flight over an incoming wave with some style.


The oystercatcher flew across me, close to the surface, moving east.


The cormorant flew fast, some yards from me, also eastwards, which stunned me as I clung to my board…






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.