Monday 11 October 2021

THE ROBIN, THE SUNSET, THE GLOOM & THE EMERGENCE...

 The Robin, The Sunset, The Gloom & The Emergence



Motionless

I stood, as a weak sunset peered through dark trees

At my silence.

Restless

A robin became, as the trespasser stood at my ease

With such patience.

Listless,

The dusk infiltrated the pert breeze

In its ambivalence.

Peerless

A badger emerged to sniff, then freeze  

With cautious countenance…


I still tarried.

The robin hurried.

The sunset was buried.

The badger then scurried… 



Pete Ray

11th October 2021




Did not expect to see any badgers, as darkness fell, neither I assume did the fussy robin, which was aware of my presence. 


Five badgers finally emerged, although it became tough to see them as darkness prevailed.


Watching them and making sure they are thriving, has become precious in my life…



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.