Sunday 14 February 2016

HINCKLEY AFC GOALKEEPER TOM CROSS WRITES ABOUT HIS TEAM'S 2-2 DRAW AT COVENTRY UNITED...

"A game I'd been looking forward to since I signed for Hinckley... 

I think it proved to live up to the expectations of both sets of fans with two very good teams on show and the fans got more than their money's worth...

A very even first-half and with going one nil up on a heavy pitch I thought we were comfortable and in control. With having our second goal disallowed I think  it could have turned out to be a different game but credit to Coventry they came back twice from losing positions to earn a point which some might say it was a fair point for both teams. We went in 1-1 at half time and I'm still not convinced the lad meant to shoot! 


The second-half both teams went for it and Cov' put us under great pressure during the first 15 minutes and they themselves had a goal given offside. The Cov' 'keeper did well standing in for Mozza (Rich Morris) and made a couple of important blocks, before willo scored a screamer that was good enough to win any game of football! 

Losing Alex Penney with ten mins to go leaving us with 10 men was always going to be difficult, then a controversial penalty decision was awarded when Josh went down in the box, very softly in my opinion but I would expect one of our strikers to go down there too... After a few mind games with Blythe I made the save to my right (which Abbo is trying to take credit for) and I believed it was going to be our day! 

Unfortunately in the 97th minute Cov' scrambled home an equaliser to leave all the lads and the fans feeling like we had lost after a great battling display. The performance proves that on our day we are more than good enough to be challenging for the league but inconsistent performances against lesser opposition is why we are where we are in the league! 

Good luck to all at Coventry for their pursuit of the league title..." 

Tom Cross, goalkeeper, Hinckley AFC...

TOM & HIS FEARSOME FACIAL HAIR MARCH OUT BEHIND SKIPPER RYAN SEAL...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.