Tuesday 22 January 2019

MAWGAN PORTH BODYBOARDING: A NEW POEM...

Under The Rainbow & Beneath An Oystercatcher…



A rainbow was anchored at the entrance 
To a shallow cave on the beach 
And thus I trudged beneath its arch
A bristling low tide to reach…

As an untidy trio of rolling waves
Urged my board forth with their raves,
An Oystercatcher flew across my ride,
White feathers flashing on black:
Monochrome, it seemed to glide, 
Contrasting with the rainbow’s sensuous stack… 

Pete Ray
January 2019

Odd feeling walking down Mawgan Porth’s beach, as light rain fell and a rainbow arched across from one side to the other.

I seemed to stroll beneath it.


As I was flung forward by the surf for one final ride, an Oystercatcher flew fast over me, close to the waves…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.