Friday 16 August 2019

AN UPDATE FROM EX-ALCESTER SKIPPER & STUDLEY COACH, DANNY JANES...




"I have made the switch to FC Stratford from Studley Football Club. I was in a Player/Coach capacity at Studley and I have identified my coaching role as the main reason for moving clubs.

I coached at Studley last season whilst I played for Earlswood and Alcester Town but I just felt like I needed a break from the coaching to really re-charge and to support my own development. For those who know me, I do put a lot of detail and energy into my coaching, I like to consider every detail and try to ensure that every player is catered for. 

Since I took a break from management, I have not stopped coaching. Despite developing from my experience with Studley, I feel I have not actually stepped back from that side of the game in order to reflect and review.

Management is something I strive to do again in the near future, I am a big believer in taking time to observe other managers and coaches to reflect on how I can develop. Last season was so hectic with coaching and playing that I never really got a chance to visit other clubs and watch many games. 

I just feel that I need to make the most of this year from a developmental point of view. I can play for FC Stratford and explore other avenues that will facilitate my progress. I have already met with a Step 3 club about a potential role and I will speak to a few others. The idea is that I have flexibility to work with a range of clubs and speak to a range of experienced managers. If I am committed to coaching week-in, week-out then I will not have the flexibility to do that.

I wanted to finish pre-season with Studley as I know how important the sessions are in terms of attracting new players. I hope I played my part in Studley securing their targets and I felt pre-season was excellent in terms of the quality of sessions. Staying on at Studley as a player would have been problematic as I felt it would be difficult to completely move away from the coaching side. 

The Tuesday and Thursday training sessions would also have limited my time. It has been a pleasure working with John, Wayne, Rich and Mark, the players are fantastic and it was a great experience working with them. I wish them all the best for the season.

At the start of the season I spoke to Dave Poulson about the possibility of signing for FC Stratford; it was between them and Studley. I think the thought of playing for Studley was the main factor and I thought I could combine the coaching, but the balance just wasn’t right.

I have known Dave for years and have a lot of respect for him but for one reason or another I have never actually played for him, so I think it is about time! The facilities and set up at the club are top class and that has always attracted me to the club. I am looking forward to working with Dave and Tom, they run things properly and I enjoy professional environments.

I am looking forward to getting started and meeting the players. I really enjoyed playing again last season, so I will make the most of 2019-20. I am also looking forward to continuing my professional development and gaining as much detail and experience as I can. I learnt a lot from my time in management and I want to be as prepared as possible for when I make that return. It will be interesting to measure my philosophy and theories with other managers and coaches."

Danny Janes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.