Monday 2 September 2019

AFC BINLEY MANAGER EDWIN GREAVES WRITES ON THE EVE OF HIS TEAM'S NEW SEASON IN THE COVENTRY ALLIANCE DIVISION 1...

"Hello everyone! 

It seems an age since our last season ended and we were playing for points.

Last season we eventually finished 4th but because of teams unfortunately folding in the leagues above us, we gained promotion.

We now find ourselves playing this season in the Coventry Alliance Division 1 which is a great achievement for us after only four seasons as a club and we are looking forward to playing against some more established teams.

I understand that during this season we might get found out at times but once again I feel I have a great set of lads playing for me.

As always the squad has changed and there are a few new faces coming in to hopefully help improve us.

I feel it's really important for us to get off to a good start whilst finding our feet in a higher division, although I really do feel that on our day we will cause most teams problems.

Our aim for the season is a top four finish but obviously I am going to try to get promotion again.

I know this is another big ask for the lads but you have to aim high.

I do understand that three teams finished above us last season, so we have to improve considerably but it's not beyond these lads.

Like any manager I go into the new season with high hopes and a group of lads aiming to please.

Only time will tell where we will finish after 18 League games but for now I think that we are ready and up for the new challenge ahead of us...

Bye for now..." 

Edwin Greaves, Manager, AFC Binley... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.