Monday 5 July 2021

REFLECTING ON PARALLEL WORLDS: from a painting by CLAUDIA DREXHAGE...

 Reflecting On Parallel Worlds

(from a painting by Claudia Drexhage…)



I have twisted an artist’s kaleidoscope

And shades of peach

And tangerine

Have been shaken and tumbled, each,

Into parallel worlds of landscape

And stained blue like a blotter in childhood …


I have twisted my layman’s kaleidoscope

And strains of sky

And cloud

Have been shuffled and slotted, awry,

Into parallel dream worlds of escape

And unrestrained hues, reflecting adulthood…  


Pete Ray

5th July 2021


The painting has great hues and the shapes reminded me of using a kaleidoscope as a young boy…


The blue stains were reminiscent of blots from my ink pen at secondary school…


Love the scene…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.