Wednesday 7 November 2018

BODYBOARDING AT MAWGAN PORTH: A NEW POEM...

It Was Just The Sea & Me…



It was just the sea and me.
I had walked stolidly to its low tide, turning,
Knowing that it would toss me about,
Toy with my attempts to harness its whims
And thrust me back to its shallows
Onto hard packed sand,
Spewing me contemptuously, my intrusion spurning…

It had been just the sea and me.
No disrespect shown, merely a yearning
But it confirmed its controlling status,
My temporary incursion allowed;
Its plundering surf churning,
It roared its objections aloud,
Before our uneasy alliance summarily adjourning… 

Pete Ray
5th and 6th November 2018 

Walking down to the sea and bodyboarding alone. 

I had the respect…





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.