Sunday 18 November 2018

KNOWLE STRIKER DJ PITT TALKS ABOUT HIS TEAM'S 7-1 WIN v FAIRFIELD VILLA...

ABOVE & BELOW:
THE SMILE SHOWS JUST HOW HAPPY DJ WAS TO NET THREE AGAINST HIS OLD TEAM...

  • "I have been excited by our run of form after I joined Knowle because we have gone 5 games unbeaten. I was feeling optimistic before the game, even with a few comments from some Fairfield players that I knew, like to make sure I wore shin pads... I was looking forward to seeing some faces again though!

  • Our manager Clive changed our formation straight after the goal we conceded, which was a great decision, as looking back we gained a foothold in the game straight away. 

  • Defensively we got tighter and stopped the 3 attackers for Fairfield producing much, which in turn led to us dominating the game more and creating attacking chances.

  • Without blowing up Bridges' head, as he might not get it through the changing room door for the next game, he was very influential on the match after their goal, working well with myself. We have quickly learned each others' games and we have clicked well since I have joined Knowle. Louis is a very experienced player at this level, being calm and collected on the ball. I just have to do his running as he's getting nearer to the 30 mark... :)

  • Our goalie Jonno is phenominal between the sticks: brave, agile and crazy like all top goalkeepers have to be. He pulled off some great saves in the game but he doesn't get as much credit as he should sometimes, especially when we win. After the collision with a Fairfield player, he played the remaining 30 mins with a broken nose, which was unknown to many...

  • After Jonno had punted the ball up in my direction in the final minute, once I noticed I was clear on goal, one-on-one with the goalkeeper, I was confident I would seal my first hat-trick for Knowle. 

  • When I was on for a hat-trick earlier however and won the penalty, I was dismayed not to take the spot-kick but before the game we had talked about set-pieces and Steve Ruck was down for penalties. So all in all, I was more than happy that he scored and we were 6-1 up! I saw the funny side though and was pleased for Ruck to get another goal. 

  • It was an outstanding team performance by the Robins, from back to front and in every position we have quality players. All the players battled from start to finish. We know we have the quality to do well in every match. 

  • After scoring my 3rd goal I was over the moon, knowing I am getting back to playing week in and week out, plus scoring goals. 

  • All the Knowle lads were happy for me, many spoke to me and personally congratulated me, especially our Knowle management team." 

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.