Tuesday 20 November 2018

NEW ALCESTER TOWN SIGNING DANNY JANES TALKS ABOUT HIS LATEST MOVE, EARLSWOOD TOWN AND STUDLEY...

Danny Janes has returned to Alcester Town as a player, following a spell on the pitch at Earlswood Town. He is still a coach at Studley however and he comments: 

“I am very excited to be returning to Alcester; I had an amazing three years there as manager of the Reserves and the First Team. To return as a player will be a strange feeling at first but one I am looking forward to.

The club now has the foundations that I believe it didn't have before the progress that was made last season. I really think that over the last two seasons, myself, Richard Briggs and Ade Luxton helped to promote and strengthen Alcester in terms of the recruitment of players and also publicity. The calibre of players we attracted last season formed the best squad the club has ever possessed up to that point, in my opinion. 

The way in which we ran the team and the professional environment created was one of the best in all of the leagues in the Midland Combination. People may see that as biased however, yet I have been involved with numerous clubs and the attention to detail at Alcester was first class. The training sessions we delivered were outstanding in terms of detail, enjoyment and tactical input. I can’t see many teams in any of the leagues matching that. 

Saying that, it still hurts now that we didn’t achieve promotion. We missed out on goal difference, as well as losing in two Cup Finals. The season could have turned out very differently but we didn’t produce what was needed towards the end of the season. In a way I feel like I let the club down; we were so close but did not achieve what we needed to on the pitch. Matt Seeley and Briggs have now put together a great squad and I want to help them and the club to achieve promotion. When that is done, I can walk away knowing that I supported the process, even if it is from a playing capacity. Seels and Briggs are the ones who can deliver this promotion.”

On the players currently at Alcester:

“What player does not want to play with good team-mates? I tried to sign Tez Morton and Tom Keogh last season and the chance to play with them and the likes of Luke Dugmore is great. As I said, Seels and Briggs have built a really strong squad and the players want to play for them.”

Leaving Earlswood?

"Ade Luxton was very understanding and I am sure we will work together again at some point. Ade was the only reason I signed for Earlswood but I want to make the most of playing this season before potentially returning to management. I have a soft spot for Alcester, so the chance to play for them was very appealing. Earlswood though have a great bunch of lads and the club is really well run; I really enjoyed playing for them and captaining the side.”

The transition from manager to player/coach?

“If I am honest, I found it quite difficult. In terms of coaching I love it at Studley and working with the quality of players they have is the most enjoyable aspect. However, I do miss being a 'number one'. I miss the decision making and the ownership of creating a successful environment. I have thoroughly enjoyed the playing side, I have missed just focusing on playing and not having to think about anything else. I am enjoying the break from management but I know it is what I want to do, as I think about it every time I play. However, I will make the most of this season a player and also coaching at Studley, and I will then review what I want to do at the end of the season.”

Danny Janes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.