Sunday 4 November 2018

THE GNP SPORTS MANAGER SHAMIR ALAM REPORTS ON HIS TEAM'S 7-0 WIN v BOLEHALL SWIFTS...



A solid victory, so what pleased you most?

“I was happy we were able to maintain the good standard we showed last week. As a club we have always traditionally struggled to perform well in the games we are meant to win on paper but credit to the lads they played with hunger and each week they want to get better and make statement after statement. The most pleasing thing for me was the clean sheet: the defensive unit including Coxy were faultless and made the right decisions and they deserved the clean sheet.”

Another treble by Rawlings but a brace by Hendrie. Both players must have pleased you?

“Best partnership in the four leagues aren’t they: 7 games together and 22 goals. I believe it is time to name me a better two!” 

A clean sheet at the back. Is the defence settling more now?

“Very pleased at the moment with the defensive unit and I’m trying to be as consistent as possible but it didn’t help, as we only had one recognised centre-back available yesterday. It didn’t matter though and the lads managed a well deserved clean sheet. We know we will have tougher challenges but it wasn’t too long ago that we were conceding silly goals. The mistakes are less frequent now and the players are enjoying defending, so my challenge for them next week is can they do it against a free-scoring Moors Academy side?” 

Prinzel is settling in, I guess. How do you assess his influence?

“Rob got on the score sheet again and really did show his passing range. I don’t think he’s as fit as I or he expect him to be, but give it a few weeks and we will see an even better version of him!” 

‘Man-of-the-Match’ for the Bolehall game and why so?

“Another tough one… Rawlings’ second hat-trick in as many games means I wouldn’t swap him for any player in the league. Stu come back from his suspension with a brace and 3 assists but what really impressed me with him was his work rate for the team. Rhys was a monster at the back but there’s still two more levels we can get out of him, yet with all that said, Jason Evans was M.O.T.M.

Jason has been asked to play in a different position and after explaining the reason why he has embraced it and I feel that he will be more effective in the team in that role. Yesterday his third-man running was superb, his defending was good and I couldn’t have been happier for him to get his goal. Jase is well liked in the club and I think everyone saw that when everyone went up to him after he had scored.” 

Next up for you and how do you assess the current league situation? 

“Next up is a tough game against Moors Academy. I’ve read thatt they’re the best side in the division and coached by the best team, so we look forward to welcoming them to Sphinx Drive. 

I look a bit stupid now because I couldn’t see how Boldmere would drop points and they have dropped 4 in 2 games. I still expect Boldmere to win their two games in November and finish on 35 points and I expect Northfield to win their three games in November and finish on 34 points. We will just work really hard in training and hope for a clean sheet and a 1-0 win v Moors.”

Yours in football…


Shamir Alam, Manager, GNP Sports… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.