Tuesday 4 August 2020

THE MASK-LESS IN SHIRLEY, SOLIHULL... (A NEW POEM...)

The Mask-less In Shirley, Solihull…

It was the first morning in England of the compulsory wearing
Of face masks for all customers in stores 
And so I donned mine, ready to enter the Stretton Road premises 
But the only other shopper wore nothing over his tightly clenched jaws…

Then at a One Stop store on the Stratford Road, Shirley,
Just three days later, I noticed another depressing sight;
A chap and his accomplice, who wore the uniform of a nurse
Entered the shop mask-less, leaving me irritated, agog and contrite…

This morning an elderly chap I know who works nearby
Simply walked unmasked into the store, unconcerned;
Then a van driver parked, elbowed open the shop door,
Yet ironically his face was uncovered, I discerned…

As I left the store, an obesity entered, also mask-less
And I avoided her with disdain and disgust;
I mumbled something about the wearing of masks
But what was the point? And who can one trust?

So five customers entered the One Stop shop today,
Yet just two wore masks, as we’ve been constantly told;
Forty per cent compliance and yet all were then served,
By an assistant instructed to do so, clinical and cold…  

Pete Ray
August 5th 2020
ONE STOP IS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE PARKING LOT...

Unbelievable…

The chap I know, a Birmingham City fan, surprised me by wearing no mask. He didn’t see me.

The nurse wearing no face covering was a disgrace, really.

The van driver actually used his elbow to open the shop door, yet wore no face covering… What was the point? He had parked parallel across diagonal parking spaces too…

It makes you want to vomit.
STRETTON STORE IS ON THE LEFT...

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.