Sunday 15 November 2020

NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL JARGON EXPLAINED. 2: EARLY DOORS & RIGHT SHOULDER...

 Non-League Football Jargon Explained: 

2: ‘Early Doors’ & ‘Right Shoulder’…



Our centre-half was built 

Like a brick shithouse on Dartmoor

And his main asset to the team

Was his natural ability for verbal abuse,

Spitting gobs of snot onto the floor

And yelling unintelligible instructions

Which were generally of little use,

Like getting stuck in ‘early doors’…


I thought that he meant entrances to Stone Age cave dwellings,

Instead of ‘from the start’ or

‘At the beginning of a match’

But then he bellowed at me “Right shoulder…”

So I turned in horror to mine and searched

For upon my clavicle somewhere, I deduced

 That a sick parrot was precariously perched…



Pete Ray

August 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.