Saturday 5 March 2022

'PEEPING OUT...' (ME, THE MOON & THE BADGER...)

 Peeping Out…



Peeping out between branches, naked and spiky like blades

On wintering trees, a cool breeze brushed at my hair,

So that a hood was soon tugged unceremoniously

Across my head.

And I awaited day’s end and darkness to creep and filter about.


Peeping out over a lush amber sky and grey clouds’ shades 

In faltering light, a crescent moon was a flare

In a lunar landscape, a beam shining unashamedly

As the sky bled.

And it awaited day’s end and darkness to percolate about.


Peeping out from a soil littered sett, where gloom pervades

At dusk, a badger, fully aware

Of its territory, nudged at snacks hungrily

And crunchily fed.

As I awaited day’s end and darkness, its white face gadded about…


Pete Ray

5th March 2022  



I peeped, the moon peeped and naturally, a badger did too…



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.