Monday 9 April 2018

ALL OUR YESTERDAYS: A NEW POEM TO ACCOMPANY LEIGH LAMBERT'S PAINTING...

‘All Our Yesterdays’ 
(after a painting by Leigh Lambert…)



Comparatively
Few vehicles cramp into streets
And thus a ball could be kicked
In the road, against gutters,
No noticeable restrictions
But it threatens unsuspecting windows,
Inevitably…

Comparatively,
Folks care for their gardens
And thus a prize could be gained
From the council, which matters;
Neighbourliness seems unrestrained
And a Ford Anglia simply glows,
Inevitably…

Pete Ray
April 2018

My street was fine for kicking a ball about in and the nearby windows served to improve my ball control…

My parents won the council’s third prize in the road for their front garden, just once…

Neighbours maybe seemed to be more of a community when I was younger.

And my first car was indeed a Ford Anglia: 
NAC 759 F… 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.