Thursday 16 July 2020

BLOTCHINGS, SPOTTINGS & SCRAPINGS... (FROM KIRSTY ELSON'S 2020 CALENDAR...)

Blotchings, Spottings & Scrapings (It Might Have Been The Gulls)
(from the August image within Kirsty Elson’s 2020 calendar…)


It must have been the gulls.
Look, one of them is blotching a blue roof,
As I write…
The other has artistically excreted its spottings
Upon the blowing washing, proof
Of its artistry, also possibly of its spite…

It might have been the gulls.
Look, they have been scraping the blue sky,
As I write…
Grey clouds have thus been artistically revealed
Upon the backdrop, rising high:
The artistry primitive, the platitude contrite…

Pete Ray
July 2020

Apart from the quay reminding me of a large wooden barge, my reaction to the artwork was that the two gulls have been vandalising the original…

One seems to have been ‘spotting’ the washing, the other is ‘blotching’ a roof, whilst previously, both might have been ‘scraping’ the sky…

OK, I’ll go back to my little hole in left-field…  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.