Tuesday 14 July 2020

TOSSED LIKE A COIN AT PORTH CHAPEL, CORNWALL...

Tossed Like A Coin At Porth Chapel…


Even standing was tough enough,
Unsteady on a sloping sea-bed;
And then a lusty wave landed a blow,
Thumping in cascades about the head… 

I was thrown sideways then backwards, 
 Being jostled and rolled towards the beach;
And then another breaker hurled its venom,
Spitting, vomiting and extending its reach…

The tide turned me and it spurned me,
It spun me and thrashed at knee and groin; 
The rip lashed at me and it dashed me,
It threw me and tossed me like a coin…




Pete Ray
July 2020 

Porth Chapel being hammered by a July tide, which really smashed at me, so that even during fifteen minutes, I emerged in some pain from the surf.

Should’ve taken my bodyboard to Cornwall with me, although I may have ended up in Truro hospital afterwards, for the rides looked violent, if short…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.