Thursday 9 July 2020

CORNWALL, DAY 7: JULY 9th 2020...

Thursday 9th July:

So, the day began with rain, although it eased enough around 8am for me to walk to the village shop and back. There is some concrete on the ‘beach’ path, which I have stepped on to allow people to pass (distancing and all that…) but a good number of them fail to even acknowledge that I have given them that space… Annoying. One such woman this morning was too busy looking at her phone, as she barely moved along the path with three lads, maybe 10 or 11 years old, to notice my good manners. Eventually I received a muted “Sorry…”

En route back to the caravan, a young dog came bounding down angled steps which I was ascending to reach the beach road, minus its owner and it attempted to jump up at me with soaking paws. I held it at bay saying that it shouldn’t dirty my shorts and then the chap appeared, no lead visible and simply thanked me, although I’m still not sure what for. 

He took the dog onto the beach. No dogs on the beach? Really? Annoying…

And then we returned the plates and dishes to the couple who had provided the curry for our meal this evening, after transferring the food into dishes from our caravan. They are leaving today for a long, long journey in the rain back to Leeds but what brilliant folks they are… They had managed to find the beaches at St Ives and Porthcurno for the little boy to enjoy during their two complete days at Mousehole. 

The morning stroll around Mousehole culminated in mackerel pâté again at 2 Fore Street, which was splendid. Go there, if you’re in Cornwall, it is brilliant food and the staff is brilliant too…

A drive out to Gunwalloe on the Lizard Peninsula was suggested for the early afternoon but the journey was plagued by rain, even though at Gunwalloe, the weather was fair and warm. Walked past Dollar Beach, across Gunwalloe Church Cove and along the coast path to reach the cliff overlooking Poldhu Cove, which we had not done before. 




It was leisurely there, well worth the effort…






Back to Mousehole and I took my afternoon walk round the harbour, although I saw again the bloke who had been on the beach this morning with his lively young dog. I walked in the road to avoid being rude to him…

Well, the curry was really spicy... Liked it though... Problem was, I couldn't taste the red wine...

Later walk into and around Mousehole, where gannets were plunging... Great way to end a day...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.