Monday 14 June 2021

THEY ENCROACHED FROM BEHIND: PEANUT FRENZY...

 They Encroached From Behind…



Clan members shuffled, snuffled and scuffled 

Into view, lurching, searching out

Scattered nuts on woodland floor;

Rustling, tussling cubs hurried,

Scurried unafraid, feeding, heeding 

Every sound, even those muffled,

Which upon their safety would thus cast doubt…


Then from behind me, snorting and cavorting 

From another hole concealed, 

Two adults climbed, oblivious to my presence;

Approaching, encroaching, they passed close by,

Their shyness clearly receding.

Yet soon a disturbance was heard, if fleeting

And the badgers vanished apace, their fear revealed… 


Pete Ray

13th June 2021

 

Watching badgers 9th June, 2021.



Two large badgers emerged from behind me, joining others to feed on peanuts.


I felt like I was the silent watcher and the badgers were being tolerant of my presence, as long as I remained motionless…



Remarkable moments…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.