Saturday 24 June 2023

MY NEW POEM ABOUT GOING IN THE SEA AT PRAA SANDS, 23RD JUNE 2023: 'BACK IN THE SEA, MINUS A BOARD...'

 Back In The Sea, Minus A Board…



I was mentally tentative as I approached the shore,

Where the incoming Praa Sands tide, albeit a low swell

Was rushing and curling, making noise,

Whereupon I gathered my thoughts and restored some poise.

I waded into the tousling turquoise surge to quell

The doubts about my hip and lunged into the furore…


Minus my bodyboard, with breaking rollers I plunged

And was propelled a few metres forward, 

Until a triggered wave broke above another as I threw

Myself into the fussy, cascading ocean’s spew.

Suddenly I was launched speedily landward

And any reservations I had were hastily expunged…



Pete Ray

23rd June 2023…  


Praa Sands, where I have never body-boarded before, or even sea-bathed. 


I had hoped to swim maybe to check out the health of my hip replacement but there was a swell on the day and so I threw myself forwards with several breaking waves. 



One double wave broke harshly but carried me a good 15 metres, minus a board.


I was fine.


And I loved it… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.