Wednesday 11 October 2017

WEDNESDAY, WINDY, SQUALLY & BODYBOARDING: NEW POEM ABOUT MAWGAN PORTH...

Wednesday, Windy, Squally & Bodyboarding…

It was the pure noise.
A strong wind lunged off the turning tide
And the pale turquoise sea
Which frothed white in its wrath at my intrusion;

It was tough to walk.
A rough gale whipped, ripping at my board
And cruel, livid waves
Which spat spite in its power and confusion…

The rain hurled rods.
Acupuncture needles in an industrial force
And the writhing, lurid surf
Simply drove my rides onward, under no illusion;

The rush sped and threw.
A momentum reeled and hurried to hard sand
And the terse, thrashing ocean 
Simply earned the utmost respect from our collusion… 

Pete Ray
October 11th 2017

Rain. Nobody else in the sea and I struggled to even carry my board down to the turning tide at Mawgan Porth because of a powerful wind.

The waves were messy but strong and then stair-rods of rain pelted into my face in the final throes of bad weather…


The rides though were so good…

PICTURE TAKEN THE DAY BEFORE...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.