Sunday 21 October 2018

THE GNP SPORTS MANAGER, SHAMIR ALAM ASSESSES THE 2-2 DRAW AT LANE HEAD...



First points dropped, so what displeased you most about this match as a whole?

"Each week we prepare, train, set up and expect a win but we know that’s not going to happen each week. The Lane Head game is and was a point gained. The only thing that displeased me was that we didn’t create as many chances as we normally do but we have a home game v Hampton next week, when we can addresses that."

Your opinion about Lane Head’s performance?

"I look forward to the return fixture when we are at home!"

Your team was often outfought physically. Your comments?

"The game was a battle, all the players worked hard, the front players pressed; we just need to combine that with quality play and that’s the aim for the Hampton game." 

Defensively and in midfield, possession was wasted. Your thoughts? 

"It was hard to play on such a poor pitch, so we changed the way we wanted to play. At times we just lacked that quality with the ball; the game's all about those fine margins and sometimes we are a second too slow and that allows teams to get close to us." 

Rawlings won you a point in an ugly match. Do you think that a draw was a fair reflection of the encounter?

"Yeah I think it was fair, based on chances created." 

Your man of the match? And why so?

Tommy Rawlings: I don’t think many will appreciate how good technically his first goal was. I just hope it was captured on film from the moment he struck it to the time it hit the net. The precision and weight of the strike was something else. Tommy is showing the performances of a player that has had a full pre-season and someone who enjoying his football; the only pressure I would put on him is his work rate and very rarely does that need be brought up. He put in a great shift today and deserved his two goals. As the song goes: 'Tommy Rawlings is on fire...'"
TOMMY RAWLINGS, FAR RIGHT...

Next up for GNP?

"Hampton at home. I can’t wait for the game and will review the 2-5 win footage from the away fixture a few times this week and put a plan together. Then we fight and scrap and do everything we can to get the 3 points..." 
 
You were missing a few usual starters today. Will they return soon?

"We have a quality squad; a few away today but the strength of the bench for the last 3 games says a lot." 

How would you rate today’s officials? 

"I’m not an expert in scoring officials so I will leave that one out this week and for obvious reasons it's probably best that I don’t answer." 

Your dismissal? How would you assess that incident?

"I left the dugout to move my players away from the lino who decided to call the referee over about me being out of my dug out. I politely asked if I could ask him a question but he said not until after the game and told me he was sending me off for leaving my dug out. It is what it is..." 

'Yours in football...'

Shamir Alam, Manager, GNP Sports... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.