Monday 7 September 2020

AFC BINLEY'S MANAGER EDWIN GREAVES WRITES ABOUT THE NEW SEASON AHEAD IN THE COVENTRY ALLIANCE...

 "It's that time of the year again when every manager sets the target for the forthcoming season.

In the current position the world finds itself in with Covid 19 around us all, I am surprised that the season is even starting at all!

The squad has changed a little bit and in my opinion has improved from last season. However, unfortunately we have lost a few players as well.

The performances over the six pre-season games we have had, have been consistent and everything has been geared up to the first game of the season and hopefully getting the three points to kick-start our season.

My season's target is to get AFC Binley promoted and I would love this club to be sitting at the top table with some really big and established clubs in the Premier Division.

My players have worked so hard to get to this point and this has to be the season that they create another piece of AFC Binley history and lead us to that promotion.
EDWIN: TALLER THAN A CORNER-FLAG...

With last season voided I kind of already know the three or four teams we will be fighting with if we are to achieve the promotion we want and were denied last season due to the lockdown.

Although with some teams folding, three new teams have been promoted to freshen the division up, so who knows what those teams will bring to the table?

With the set of players I have, I go into the new season as positively as any manager can be.

Are we unbeatable? NO, but I truly believe that we will win more games than we lose this season.

I am also very excited to be starting the new season with a new home venue at the Alan Higgs Centre and I would like thank the management team of Alan Higgs for being very supportive and helping us with this move."

Edwin Greaves,
AFC Binley Manager...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.