Saturday 4 April 2020

PORT ISAAC, CORNWALL: WORDS ABOUT MY FIRST ADULT VISIT IN FEBRUARY 2008...

And Port Isaac

Steep,
I recall steep
And then turning corners
And tightly packed shops
And inns and cafes
And a final decline,
Deep.

Peace,
I detected peace
And the retreating tide
And listing, anchored boats
And ropes and chains
And a nestling harbour’s 
Grease.

Change,
I noticed change
And those slim streets
And obtrusive, parked cars
And restrictions and cobbles
And a sullen ambience,
Strange.

Quaint,
I recall quaint
And then loading boats
And parched lobster pots
And smells and signs
And a village’s flaking
Paint.

Bizarre,
I saluted bizarre
And the basking couple
And striped picnic chairs
And lunch and ambiguity
And a makeshift beach,
Extraordinaire…

Pete Ray 





Port Isaac: thoughts following my first adult visit, February 2008.

The images below are from a subsequent visit...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.